Always Smiling eCourse
Always Smiling: An Introduction to Tibetan Buddhist Practice
Each week, students receive an email from Lama Tsomo that includes a link to how-to meditation videos, short readings, and discussion questions. The eCourse is being offered in conjunction with the launch of The Ancient Wisdom for Our Times series, which includes: Why Bother? An Introduction; Wisdom & Compassion (Starting with Yourself); and coming October 2022, Deepening Wisdom, Deepening Connection.
The teachings follow a theme of the Three Jewels of Buddhism (Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha). The timeless ideas and concepts in this course provide a path to increase your awareness and live with more joy and connection to yourself and others. These treasured meditation techniques have been passed down through the Namchak lineage, and we are honored to share them with you.
What you’ll learn:
- Tools for taking your practice off of the cushion and into the world
- An introduction to the Four Noble Truths of Buddhism
- The benefits of meditation
- Tips for creating a meditation habit
- The meaning and importance of the Three Jewels of Buddhism
Meditation practices you’ll do:
- Clearing the Stale Winds
- Calm Abiding or Shamata using breath, sound, or an image as an object of support
- Tonglen or Compassion practice
This course is perfect for…
Meditation students who are just beginning their journeys and those who have an interest in learning about meditation. The eCourse is based in Buddhism, but students do not need to be Buddhist to benefit from the course.
Join an Existing Learning Circle
Find meditation groups in your area to learn, practice, and explore with others.