Namchak is dedicated to sharing one of the oldest forms of Tibetan Buddhist practice and making the teachings newly accessible to Westerners. Students learn from Tibetan masters as well as Western teachers and receive support from a vibrant community. We serve students on every step of the path, from those exploring meditation for the first time to more experienced students. We offer various learning programs, including in-person teaching, small group learning, bi-coastal retreats, online courses, and soon-to-be-established residential retreats at the Namchak Retreat Ranch in Montana. In coming years, we will offer everything from introductory retreats to Dzogchen, the most profound practice in our tradition, and weekend retreat, to the traditional three-year retreat.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR / Namchak Publishing Store Support
Role Type: Full time, 30 hours/week; 52 weeks/year.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm
Rate of Pay: Starting salary of $25 per hour
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Location: Missoula office
We are looking for a reliable OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR to join the Namchak team. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The tasks of the OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR will include providing general administrative support to both virtual and onsite staff. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and a team player. The OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ensures smooth running of the office and contributes to the success of our growing team.
Duties of the OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (avg. 20 hours/week)
- General administrative functions
- Provides phone coverage and messaging for the office
- Welcomes and offers assistance to visitors
- Maintains the appearance of the office to reflect a clean and pleasant environment
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, including pick up at UPS Store
- Prepares travel arrangements and coordinates schedules
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies
- Maintains other supplies (coffee/tea/snacks)
- Files and scans documents for distribution and storage
- Organizes contact information for staff and outside contractors
- Maintains the office calendar using Outlook/Google Workspace
- Prepares conference room for meetings; arranges catering, lunches, etc.
- Researches and gathers information on specific projects as requested
- Collaborates with Namchak Retreat Ranch staff in strategic planning, team meetings, goal setting initiatives, and community-building activities
- Supports the logistics for events such as meditation retreats, staff retreats, ranch days, special lunches, etc.
- Enters data into HubSpot (CRM) and Eventbrite for retreats and other events
- Scans for relevant news stories and book reviews for weekly wrap
- Track and maintains inventory of Namchak retreat materials, including stickers, inspiration cards, and retreat handouts
- Compiles and mails welcome packets for new students and meditation groups
- Supports the digital and social media team with community management by reacting, commenting, and sharing social posts on a number of channels.
- Manages additional projects and duties as needed
- Works closely with the Manager of Publications and Director of Education & Outreach, oversee the operations of the Namchak Publishing Company webstore
- Maintain product inventory
- Form and manage relationships with suppliers
- Input new physical and digital products into eCommerce system
- Produce copy for Namchak Publishing Company store items and procure product photography when needed
- Fulfill orders that come through the Namchak Publishing eCommerce webstore
- Maintain packaging and shipping supplies for order fulfillment
- Monitor shipping rates and adjust pricing and shipping rules as needed
- Investigate and resolve product listing errors, inventory discrepancies, shipping issues, and any other issues that arise with the eCommerce system
- Coordinate donations for previous print runs
- Additional projects and duties as needed
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 2-3 years of experience in a supportive role in an office setting
- Technologically savvy; Experience with Asana, Slack, Google Workspace, Zoom, and Calendar Management
- Shopify eCommerce platform experience is a bonus
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to summarize large amounts of information quickly and accurately using written and verbal communication
- Work independently and exercise judgment with limited supervision or direction
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to prioritize projects and utilize strong problem-solving skills to achieve outcomes
- Possesses a strong work ethic and a growth mindset
- Highly organized
- Ability to raise issues and concerns timely and respectfully using Nonviolent Communication language
- Creative problem solver with solid analytical and research skills
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Interested in personal transformation, health, and well being
- Interested in developing leadership skills
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or higher (preferred not required)
Writing Sample Instructions:
Please submit a writing sample in Arial, size 12, double spaced, 1” margins, and no more than 1,000 words about what service means to you. Expand on why service is important to you and for your professional career.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet ALL of the qualifications. Experience and career paths are unique to each applicant. We encourage you to explore how your previous experience may fit our qualifications in different ways.
Equal opportunity is a fundamental principle and core value at Namchak, where employment is based upon personal capabilities, competencies, and qualifications. We are committed to ensuring that job applicants and staff are not discriminated against regardless of race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sex, or sexual orientation/gender expression.
Namchak is dedicated to sharing one of the oldest forms of Tibetan Buddhist practice and making the teachings accessible to Westerners. Students learn from Tibetan masters as well as Western teachers and receive support from a vibrant community. We serve students on every step of the path, from those exploring meditation for the first time to more experienced students, all the way through traditional lama training, for those who want to take it that far.
We offer various learning programs, including in-person teachings, retreats, small group learning, bi-coastal retreats, and online courses. All of our offerings are currently online due to safety concerns around Covid-19. We hope to get back to hosting in-person events in the near future! Eventually, we will hos residential retreats at the Namchak Retreat Ranch in Montana (currently under construction). Once construction is complete, we will offer introductory retreats, weekend retreats, 10-30 day retreats, traditional retreats, and Dzogchen, the most profound practice in our tradition.
The Namchak office community is best characterized as friendly, collaborative, hard-working, highly supportive, and passionate about their work. Because the organization recognizes the value of various points of view and places great value on cultural enrichment, Namchak respects and encourages workplace diversity. The unifying feature is the deep dedication of the entire staff to making this lineage’s time-tested tools available for anyone to use, to help everyone live a more satisfying, awakened life.
Namchak’s offices are located in the breathtaking and vibrant Missoula, Montana, home to the University of Montana. Missoula has been listed as one of the greatest places to live in the United States, featuring excellent public and private schools, family-friendly amenities, an attractive cost of living, and superior quality of life. Nestled in the Northern Rockies of Montana, between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks, Missoula is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream, yet also comes with an abundance of restaurants, cafes, coffee houses, art galleries, bookstores, and breweries to fit all budgets and tastes. It is a place of small-town values and urban amenities.