Walking The Path
About the Program
Our new offering, “Walking the Path (of Calm Abiding and Profound Insight)” is a two year program which brings a developmental and interactive approach to the way we practice meditation.
In this pathway there are clearly outlined practices which build upon one another with prescribed timelines. Throughout the program there will be ample opportunities to have regular check-ins with Namchak Khen Rinpoche to clarify your meditation practice. There will also be recommended readings to accompany the practices and an opportunity to meet with others in the program to discuss your practice.
Each year of the program consists of two retreats and a minimum of four individual sessions with Khen Rinpoche. Students register for each year of the program separately. We accept new applicants for the program on a rolling basis.
Upon completion of the two-year program registrants will have attended four retreats with Namchak Khen Rinpoche. You can register for the Walking the Path two-year program each Fall or Spring. Students will receive a digital copy of The Way to Develop Calm Abiding and Profound Insight by Tulku Sangak Rinpoche upon registration. This is recommended reading throughout the program.
Who this program is for:
● Those who are already practicing Buddhists or for those who are interested in beginning to walk the Buddhist path to enlightenment.
● Those who want to follow a clearly outlined path for practicing Calm Abiding and Vipassana, guided by Namchak Khen Rinpoche.
Walking the Path Retreat Dates
● Spring Retreat: April 1st-3rd, 2022
● Retreats three and four of the second year will be announced before the Fall of 2022 and Spring of 2023.
Students pay for each year of the program separately. During the registration process students can select their preferred payment plan and one of the suggested payment options below.
● Supported – $350/yr – For those with limited financial resources who will benefit from participating in the Walking the Path Program this reduced fee will be supplemented by the community.
● Suggested – $550/yr – For those with sufficient financial resources who can pay fair value for the experience.
● Sponsored – $750/yr – For those with the financial resources and the desire to support access for others interested in the Walking the Path program.
● If you have attended the first retreat of the program, our Walking the Path: The Way to Develop Calm Abiding Retreat please email email@example.com for further assistance with registering for the first year of the Walking the Path two-year program.
What People Are Saying
"Khen Rinpoche is one of my favorite teachers. His ability to weave humor and stories into these profound teachings makes it an absolute joy to learn with him".
“Khen Rinpoche is a master at distilling complex situations and ideas into simple timeless truths with his teaching. As I sit listening to him, I await for the translation. This process slows down my mind and heart rate to take notice of what IS at that moment. Seconds later, I comprehend. Since learning from him, I see the world more clearly and I am happier".
“Khen Rinpoche is a wonderful, radiant teacher. He puts deep thought into answering every question he is asked".
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register for the full program now?
Do I need to be a Buddhist to practice these meditations?
No, you do not need to be a practicing Buddhist to attend this retreat. This is the first retreat in the Walking the Path program which is intended to provide students with deeper context and tools to advance on the path towards enlightenment. Please note that students will be taking Refuge and Bodhisattva Vows in Spring 2022.
What if I have to miss a retreat that is part of the Walking the Path program?
If you cannot attend one of the retreats within the program year, you can join the next cohort to receive the teachings. Due to the nature of the material, receiving instructions directly from a teacher is a necessary step.. We will offer video access of the retreats only to students who attended the retreat.
Items to Note
Join our Community!
Subscribe to our enewsletter to stay up-to-date on retreats, new eCourses, guided meditations,
our retreat ranch, Tibetan Buddhist wisdom, and the Compassion in Action Network.