Once summer hits, it can almost feel like there is no stopping the gnawing feeling that you must take advantage of every moment of the sun, long days, and non-stop socializing while they are here. Making the most of these moments is important, but it should also include time to check in and take of yourself.
Here are 5 ways you can fit self-care in this summer and maximize your summer fun:
- Take a Staycation/Mental Health Day. If you are like a lot of us, work tends to slow down a bit during the summer. Take advantage of this lull by taking a day or two for you to catch up on life. Complete those tasks you have been putting off or do those activities that help you feel centered. You won’t regret taking this reset time.
- More Daylight = More Time. Use it. Longer mornings and nights create the feeling that you have more time, and in some ways that extra daylight does make it a reality. Since this makes it a bit easier to wake up early or get things done during after-work hours, consciously try to give yourself an extra hour or two a few times during the week for whatever area of your life needs it most.
- Hydrate and Nourish. This one is pretty straightforward, but remember to slow down, drink water, and eat fresh foods. With so much in season right now, there isn’t really an excuse not to take time and fuel your body with the good stuff.
- Focus on a Project. For the most part, summer is free of most major gift-giving holidays, meaning you have a bit more time to think about yourself and what you have going on in your life. Set a goal to complete a project you have been wanting to do and work on it throughout these next few months. Some ideas: Teach yourself a new hobby, take a class, or spend time learning or reading something new.
- Clean and Refresh your Space. Summer feels light, fresh, and alive. Why not make your space feel the same. Clean, re-organize, and get rid of unwanted items in your home so reflects your energy and where you are at in life right now. Taking time to do this every few months is a great way to recharge, no matter the season.
Another excellent summer self-care activity? Meditation. Try it here.
Published on Aug 09 09 : 00 am