Deepening Your Practice
If you have an established meditation practice and are interested in Tibetan Buddhism, we have a range of in-person and online offerings taught by Tibetan Buddhist and Western masters. Teachings are in the Namchak lineage, a branch of the Nyingma tradition, and can take you from the beginning of your journey all the way through a three-year retreat and beyond.
Meditation Coaching Call with Lama Tsomo
Join us for an intimate group call, where students receive personal attention from Lama Tsomo, to discuss their practice, their lives, and the relationship between the two. Students always seem to find they learn as much from each other’s mini-sessions as from their own.
The call takes place at 3 pm PT/4 pm MT/5 pm CT/6 pm ET
Click HERE to view in your time zone.
Our Community Agreements
In order to co-create a brave, inclusive, anti-oppressive and learning-centered space, in our community we each agree to:
- Be inclusive of diverse opinions and backgrounds through treating each other with respect and appreciation.
- Commit to words and actions of non-harm within our group interactions.
- Learn by immersing in these practices and giving them a real test drive.
- Hold personal sharing in confidence.
- Be present, practice mindful listening, and do not offer unsolicited advice.
- Allow for equal sharing of voices as well as the right to pass.
- Take care not to speak for others in the group.
- Assume good intent and come from a place of curiosity and care.
- Come as we are with permission to be “raggedy.” Perfection is not expected although personal responsibility always is.
- Be mindful of and take personal responsibility for our own biases including the use of language that may “other,” “cancel,” or dehumanize any person, groups of people, and/or their experiences.
- Use the “Ouch/Oops” tool to address hurtful comments and language in the moment and to allow space for repair. *
We aspire for this sangha to be a place of refuge.
*Ouch/Oops . This is a tool for addressing hurtful comments/language in the moment. If someone says something hurtful, anyone can bring attention to it in the moment by saying “Ouch” and then explaining what was hurtful. If it is a word choice issue, be sure to give the first speaker the chance to rephrase and try again (remember, it’s okay to be raggedy, and we are all assuming good intent!) When someone says something that comes out wrong or hurts someone else, they should start with “Oops” – first, acknowledge the impact of their words, and then try again. This can also be done outside of the event if someone feels an “Ouch,” but does not feel comfortable sharing it with the group at that time.
Please note: Confirmation emails from Eventbrite often end up in spam/promotions tab. Please check there if you do not see the confirmation email with the Zoom info.
Do It Yourself (DIY) Retreat
Now is a great time to try an at home meditation retreat. Extend your practice and the feeling of a mini-vacation for your mind.
Cultivate your meditation practice
Learn from Lama Tsomo and ask questions.
Join or start a circle to deepen your practice and create genuine community.
Looking for a quick perspective shift?
Try our new mini-eCouse on Mind Training.
Ancient Wisdom Engaged (AWE)
This two-year, non-residential study program offers an introduction to the Vajrayana path of Tibetan Buddhism and to a unique form of personal leadership.
In-person opportunities for practice and immersion
The best way to learn a new language is total immersion; the best way to make new habits of mind is also total immersion. Retreat allows that. Namchak Retreat Ranch will open in 2023.
Designed for all ages, this program will offer an immersive experience at our Montana retreat ranch. Each summer two, four-week sessions will be offered, with each day including meditation, work on the land, and practice with our teachers.
Beginning in 2025, we will offer three-year residential retreat at our Montana retreat ranch. Practitioners who have completed the Ngöndro and our two-year Ancient Wisdom Engaged program will be eligible to apply. For more information please contact…