In this four-week course, we will explore the Four Immeasurables, or Boundless Qualities, of Loving Kindness, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity. If Shamata and Vipassana help us to see the true nature of ourselves and creation, the Four Immeasurables help us feel and experience how we are not separate. In this course, we will engage with these practices through learning, sharing with Sangha, and putting these teachings into practice to experience the benefits for ourselves, our communities, and our world.
We will meet for four consecutive 90-minute weekly sessions on Monday evenings. Each session will be facilitated by Namchak facilitator Rachel Ashley (not Lama Tsomo).
- November 7, 5:30-7pm MST (click HERE to view in your timezone)
- November 14, 5:30-7pm MST (click HERE to view in your timezone)
- November 21, 5:30-7pm MST (click HERE to view in your timezone)
- November 28, 5:30-7pm MST (click HERE to view in your timezone)
- Week 1- Introduction to Four Immeasurables and Equanimity
- Week 2 – Working with Loving Kindness
- Week 3 – Exploration of Compassion and Tonglen Practice
- Week 4 – Working with Sympathetic Joy and Bringing It All Together
Who this course is for: This course is suitable for anyone who wants to bring more peace and connection to their life. No previous meditation experience is required. This course is a great next step for someone who has attended a Namchak Meditation and Community Course.
All sessions will be recorded and shared only with participants. We ask that participants attend at least three of the four sessions.
Zoom Login Info
The Zoom link will be provided upon registration and a reminder email will be sent out each week with the login info. Please note: Confirmation emails from Eventbrite often end up in spam/promotions tab. Please check there if you do not see the confirmation email with the Zoom info.
Tuition: Our intention is to make this workshop financially accessible to all, so we offer a tiered fee structure. Please choose whichever level works best for you.
If program costs present a financial barrier or you are interested in a stipend to offset the cost of childcare, please contact email@example.com.